Go Compare Home Insurance

Home Insurance with Go.Compare – Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs

As a homeowner, tenant or landlord, it’s important to have a comprehensive home insurance policy to protect your property and belongings against unexpected damages, theft or loss. However, with so many options available on the market, it can be confusing to choose the right policy for your needs and budget. To help you make an informed decision, we’ve compiled some frequently asked questions about home insurance with Go.Compare:

What does home insurance cover?
Home insurance typically covers two main areas: buildings insurance and contents insurance. Buildings insurance covers the structure of your property, including walls, roof, windows, and doors, as well as any permanent fixtures and fittings such as kitchen units and bathroom suites. Contents insurance covers the items inside your home, such as furniture, electronics, clothing, and jewellery.

What is a combined buildings and contents insurance policy?
A combined policy is a type of home insurance that covers both buildings and contents insurance under one policy. This can often be a convenient and cost-effective way to insure your home with Go.Compare, as you only need to manage one policy instead of two.

How much home insurance coverage do I need?
The amount of home insurance coverage you need depends on the value of your property and belongings. It’s important to accurately estimate the value of your property and contents to ensure that you have enough coverage to protect against unexpected events.

How can I lower my home insurance premiums?
There are several ways to lower your home insurance premiums, such as increasing your excess (the amount you pay towards a claim), improving your home security, and shopping around for competitive quotes.

How do I make a claim on my home insurance policy?
If you need to make a claim on your home insurance policy, you should contact your insurer as soon as possible and provide them with all the necessary information and documentation, such as the date of the incident, a police report (if applicable), and photos of any damages or losses.

Can I change my home insurance policy if my circumstances change?
Yes, you can usually make changes to your home insurance policy if your circumstances change, such as if you move to a new property or add new items to your contents insurance. You should contact your insurer to discuss your options and any potential costs or changes to your coverage.

How do I find the best home insurance deals on Go.Compare?
I’t easy to find the best home insurance deals on Go.Compare, you should start by adding your details and then the website will provide you with a list of  home insurance quotes from different insurers for you to compare. Be sure to read the policy details carefully to ensure that you are getting the right level of coverage for your needs.

Is it necessary to have both buildings and contents insurance?
It is not a legal requirement to have both buildings and contents insurance, but it is recommended to have both to ensure that you are fully protected in the event of damage or loss to your property and belongings.

Can I get a discount on my home insurance if I have a security system installed?
Yes, many insurers offer discounts for homeowners who have security systems installed in their homes and this will be automatically added to your quote with Go.Compare. Be sure to let your insurer know about any security measures that you add during the time of the policy to see if you qualify for further discounts.

What is the excess on my home insurance policy?
The excess is the amount you will have to pay towards a claim before your insurer pays out. The amount of the excess will vary depending on your policy and the type of claim you are making. Usually the higher your excess, the lower your monthly or annual home insurance premiums.

How often should I review my home insurance policy?
You should review your home insurance policy annually or whenever there is a significant change in your circumstances, such as a renovation or a change in ownership of the property. SortMyCash will be delighted to help you annually, so please visit us again when your home insurance is due.

Can I insure my home if I rent it out to tenants?
Yes, you can take out landlord insurance to protect your property if you rent it out to tenants. This type of insurance typically covers damage caused by tenants, loss of rental income, and more.

What does buildings insurance cover?
Buildings insurance typically covers the structure of your home and any permanent fixtures, such as walls, roofs, and floors. It may also cover other structures on your property, such as garages or sheds.

What does contents insurance cover?
Answer: Contents insurance typically covers your personal belongings, such as furniture, electronics, and clothing, in the event of theft, damage or loss. It may also cover items that you take outside of your home, such as laptops or jewelry.

How is my home insurance premium calculated?
Your home insurance premium is calculated based on a number of factors, including the value of your home and its contents, the location of your home, the level of coverage you require, and your claims history.

What is accidental damage cover?
Accidental damage cover is an additional type of coverage that can be added to your home insurance policy. It typically covers accidental damage caused by you or your family members, such as spilling a drink on a carpet or breaking a window.

Can I switch home insurance providers?
Yes, you can switch home insurance providers at any time. However, you should be aware of any cancellation fees or other charges that may apply if you cancel your current policy before it expires. It’s also important to make sure you have a new policy in place before cancelling your old one to ensure you are not left without coverage.

Does home insurance cover flood damage?
It depends on your policy. Some home insurance policies include coverage for flood damage, while others may require you to purchase additional flood insurance coverage. Please check this carefully if it is a specific requirement.

Does home insurance cover damage from pets?
It depends on your policy. Some home insurance policies may cover damage caused by pets, while others may exclude coverage for certain types of damage, such as scratches or bites. It’s important to review your policy carefully to understand what is and isn’t covered.

What should I do if my home is damaged or destroyed?
Answer: If your home is damaged or destroyed, the first thing you should do is ensure the safety of yourself and your family. You should then contact your insurance provider to report the damage and begin the claims process.

My Question isn’t covered, what shall I do?
We’re always happy to help, please contact us via email at info@SortMyCash.co.uk and we will respond as soon as possible.

At SortMyCash, we understand that home insurance can be a complex and confusing topic. That’s why we’ve partnered with Go.Compare to provide you with a straightforward and user-friendly comparison platform that allows you to easily compare quotes from over 60 UK home insurers. With our platform, you can find the right home insurance policy that fits your needs and budget, knowing that you’re in safe hands with a trusted and reliable partner.

Click here to start comparing home insurance deals with Go.Compare Home Insurance today!

Back To Main Home Insurance Page