Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Arnold Clark Data Breach Claims
Get Answers to Your Most Common Questions
On this page, we address some frequently asked questions about Arnold Clark Data Breach claims to help you understand your rights and the claims process.
- How do I know if my data was breached in the Arnold Clark incident?
If you purchased a car from Arnold Clark since 2008, there is a possibility that your data was breached. To find out if your data has been affected, fill in our 30-second form at www.SortMyCash.co.uk/save/Arnold-Clark-Data-Breach-Claims, and our team will help determine if you have a claim.
- What kind of compensation can I expect?
Compensation for the Arnold Clark Data Breach can range from £1,500 to £8,000, depending on the extent of the breach, the type of information compromised, and the losses, damages, inconvenience, stress and anxiety you have suffered as a result. Our team of experts will work with you to determine the appropriate level of compensation based on your case.
- What if I haven’t experienced any negative effects from the data breach?
Even if you haven’t experienced any direct negative effects from the breach, you could still be eligible for compensation if your data was affected. The breach may have violated your data protection rights and exposed your personal information to potential misuse in the future. We understand that knowing that your data could be in the hands of criminals can place undeserved stress and anxiety on you, not to mention the inconvenience of having to secure and monitor your credit facilities.
- What is the claims process like? Our team at SortMyCash and Chan Neill Solicitors will guide you through the claims process to make everything as simple and stress free as possible. Once we have your details, we will deal with all aspects of your claim, from assessing your case, gathering evidence, negotiating with the responsible parties, and securing compensation on your behalf. You’ve suffered enough inconvenience, we strive to make the process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
- How long does it take to settle a claim? The timeline for settling a claim can vary widely depending on the complexity of the case and the responsiveness of Arnold Clark and their appointed legal representatives. Our team will work diligently to resolve your claim as quickly as possible and keep you informed of any developments.
- Can I make a claim without a solicitor? Yes, you can make an Arnold Clark data breach claim directly without instructing a solicitor. However, having an experienced solicitor like Chan Neill Solicitors on your side can help ensure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve while navigating the legal process and ensuring that the process is stress free for you.
- What are my data protection rights? Under the UK’s data protection laws and GDPR, you have the right to be informed about a data breach, access any personal information collected about you, and claim compensation for any losses or damages suffered due to the breach. Our team will help you exercise these rights.
- How much does it cost to make a claim? At SortMyCash and Chan Neill Solicitors, we operate on a No Win, No Fee basis, which means there are no upfront fees or hidden costs. Our partners charge 30% + VAT of the final settlement amount, payable only if we successfully secure compensation for you. This will be split between SortMyCash and Chan Neill Solicitors.
- How do I prove that I suffered damages as a result of the data breach? Our team will gather any evidence required to support your claim, including any communication with Arnold Clark about the breach, records of any financial losses or damages, and proof of identity theft or fraud. It is also important to note the stress, anxiety and inconvenience that this data breach can cause and we will take this into account when making your claim, even if no specific loss or damage has resulted as yet. It may still occur in the future.
- Can I still make a claim if I no longer own the car purchased from Arnold Clark? Yes, you can still make a claim for data breach compensation even if you no longer own the car purchased from Arnold Clark. As long as Arnold Clark held your personal or financial information since 2008 and that data was part of the breach. We will ascertain whether your information was part of the breach if you are unsure.
- How long do I have to make a claim? In most cases, you have six years from the date of notification of the breach to make a claim. However, it’s best to start the claims process as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of success.
- Can I make a claim if I live outside of the UK? If Arnold Clark had your personal or financial information with them since 2008, you may be eligible for compensation regardless of your location. However, the claims process may vary depending on the country you reside in.
- Will making a claim affect my credit score? No, making a claim should not affect your credit score. However, it’s always best to monitor your credit report and financial accounts closely during and after the claims process, given your leaked data.
- What happens if my claim is unsuccessful? If your claim is unsuccessful, you won’t be charged any fees by SortMyCash or Chan Neill Solicitors. However, if you decide to pursue your claim through another legal firm, they may charge you fees for their services.
If you have more questions or want to start your claim, get in touch with SortMyCash via our 30 second online form today at www.SortMyCash.co.uk/save/Arnold-Clark-Data-Breach-Claims.